06 Mar 11 ways to define Rhythm
1. movement or procedure with uniform or patterned recurrence of a beat, accent, or the like.
2. the pattern of regular or irregular pulses caused in music by the occurrence of strong and weak melodic and harmonic beats.
3. measured movement, as in dancing.
4. a patterned repetition of a motif, formal element, etc., at regular or irregular intervals in the same or a modified form.
5. the effect produced in a play, film, novel, etc., by the combination or arrangement of formal elements to create movement, tension, and emotional value in the development of the plot.
6. a harmonious sequence or pattern of masses alternating with voids, of light alternating with shade, of alternating colours, etc
7. the pattern of recurrent strong and weak accents, vocalization and silence, and the distribution and combination of these elements in speech.
8. the regular recurrence of an action or function, as of the beat of the heart.
9. procedure marked by the regular recurrence of particular elements, phases, etc.: the rhythm of the seasons.
10. regular recurrence of elements in a system of motion.
11. synonyms: flow, pulse, cadence
Now, more than ever I need to read these definitions again and again. I need to foucs on the concept of keeping and relying on rhythm to stay on track in a way that feels good to me. To keep moving in a postive, forward, slow and steady motion.
The busier life gets, the more I need rhythm to help me keep my focus, to help me stay grounded and help keep me breathing.
What do you need to focus on to keep things moving in postive direcetion?