13 Oct California Adventure – A Clark Family Favorite
Posted at 22:42h in day to day, events, family 6 Comments
Because I’ve got a little time on my hands these days (or maybe it’s just a mere matter of perspective) I think it’s high time to have a little fun! A few recent trips to Anaheim got me thinking about sharing some highlights of The Happiest Place(s) on Earth.
We love Disneyland. We are annual passholders, after all. But what about Disney’s California Adventure? In a word…awesome! It’s a Clark Family Favorite. Here are 10 reasons to love this So Cal treasure:
- A Bug’s Land. Like a mini-amusement park within the park, this bright, imaginative world offers a manageable number of rides that are not too fast nor too scary (at all) that are perfect for the younger set. Plus, there are water play stations too for those hot California days.
- The Electric Light Parade. Remember that? Talk about reliving the magic of childhood. It’s just as enchanting now as it was when we were kids.
- Toy Story Mania. The long might be long, but this is a fantastic, one-of-a-kind ride for all ages. Serious fun!
- Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party. A great excuse to wear your adorable Halloween costume again, this seasonal evening event is lively and festive way to trick-or-treat with kids of all ages with the Disney magic and no scare factor involved.
- Wine-Tasting. Just when you thought the happiest place in earth couldn’t get any happier.
- Brother Bear. A departure from the average amusement park, is the land of active play (not passive rides) where kids, climb, swing, and explore.
- Soaring over California. Simply put, it’s one of the best rides ever for almost any age. You can’t beat that.
- High School Musical 3. The soundtrack is piped through the park. Although I fought for years not to like HSM, the Wildcats have won me over. Plus, my daughter will dance with me to that music and I love that.
- Princess Dresses. Not mine, my daughter’s. It’s totally acceptable (even encouraged) for kids to dress up each and every season at the Magic Kingdom. I can’t resist a little girl in tulle.
- Sapporo. Ice Cold. Thanks Mickey.
MichellePosted at 12:27h, 14 October
We are heading to Disneyland in February from Canada….. looking for some accomadation suggestions…..do you have any you could share Tracey? Thanks!!!!
traceyclarkPosted at 17:43h, 14 October
Oh what fun Michelle! The Grand Californian is DREAMY! Although I haven’t stayed there yet, I covet even just the lobby. It’s amazing! And it’s connected to Calif. Adventure. I’ve also heard wonderful things about the Hilton Anaheim as well. Being so close we never need to stay at a hotel! : ) Have fun!
TrudePosted at 21:52h, 14 October
I’m a passholder too! We love Soarin’. But right now I can’t stay out of Disneyland, with all the Halloween decorations! 🙂
vicki (simply hue)Posted at 22:55h, 15 October
Such a happy, fun post! Love the colorful photos, too. 🙂
breePosted at 02:56h, 17 October
Aladdin show. LOVE the Aladdin show.
The other things you mentioned are good too 😀
MegPosted at 12:49h, 18 October
I’m not gonna lie… we also love us some Disney. We aren’t close enough to be annual passholders (in our case, Disney World) BUUUUT, we do make a point of going once a year during the least crowded times. We’re waiting until the first week in March this year… but… um… this post has kinda gotten me excited 😀