23 Dec 11 things (I don't need)
#Reverb10, day 11: What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011?
There’s a few more lines to the prompt but I can’t get past this very first part. Truth is, I literally haven’t stopped thinking about this question from author Sam Davidson (who is my new-found hero) since it was put out there on Dec 11. That was 11 days ago (no I didn’t plan that). Come to think of it, 11 has been my lucky number ever since I my 6th grade Bingo winning streak; winning with the teacher calling our B-11. Every time. I even had a pair of tube socks with orange stripes with the number 11 on them. And I always, always tend to look at the clock at 11:11. But, I digress.
I have been so determined to really be intentional in choosing these 11 things that I don’t need in 2011 beacuse I feel like putting them out there might be the magic shift to get my 2011 started off right; like some kind of cosmic Crystal Drano that will dissolve the clog that keeps all these things bottled up, allowing them to move along, down the pipes of my life so I can just flush them already! Here’s to hoping.
11 Things my life doesn’t need in 2011:
1. Clutter: both physical & mental
2. Accumulation: not allowing for flow
3. Resistance: to systems, growth & change
4. Fear: afraid of allowing, opening up and letting go
5. Self-doubt: questioning my intuition and judgment
6. Uncertainty: vacillating on my decisions
7. Overextending myself: becoming depleted & exhausted
8. Approval seeking: looking for outside acknowledgement
9. Feeling rushed: in work and in play
10. Not slowing down: moving too fast to be deliberate
11. Playing Small: Not being my biggest self
I suppose I could elaborate on these a bit more and write about how I can FEEL how important letting these things go is (down deep deep deep in my bones) but for now, writing this list is enough. As far as the rest of the prompt, like how I plan on doing away with these things? Well, um, I’m going to see how far my Crystal Drano theory will get me.
What about you? Have you got a few things to leave behind?